DIG Upendra Agarwal who Investigated the Lakhimpur Violence Case Received Transfer Letter
The Uttar Pradesh government has transferred 6 IPS officers late on Thursday night. The most important name in this is that of DIG Upendra Agarwal. He was the head of the team probing the Lakhimpur violence.
They had arrested Ashish, the main accused in the violence. At the same time, the son of Minister of State Home Ajay Mishra Teni has also been arrested. Lakhimpur IG range comes in Lucknow. However, he has been removed from here. And has been made the DIG of Devipatan Mandal.
It is being said that the Supreme Court had reprimanded the UP government for the delay in the investigation of the Lakhimpur Kheri incident. However, the responsibility of the investigation was on Upendra Agarwal. However, who will now head the investigation team?
The strictness of the Election Commission
The government has not clarified the situation regarding whether Upendra Agarwal will do it or not. It is also discussed that this transfer is about the strictness of the Election Commission. However, the Commission has given instructions to remove the officers posted at one place for more than three years.
These officers were transferred
- Rakesh Singh of the 2003 batch, promoted from DIG to IG post, has been made IG Prayagraj from the Gonda range.
- IG Law and Order UP Rajesh Modak of 2003 batch has been posted in the IG Basti area.
- 2002 batch IPS posted from IG Range Basti to IG PAC Central Zone, Lucknow.
- Upendra Kumar Agarwal is a 2005 batch officer. Deployed from DIG DGP Headquarters to DIG Devipatan area.
- Dr. Sanjeev Gupta was posted from IG Ayodhya area to IG Law and Order UP.
- KP Singh posted in the Prayagraj range has been posted in the IG Ayodhya range.
ADG level officers will be transferred
The long-deployed ADG zone in the UP Police will also be removed. After the instructions of the Election Commission, its review has been started. Those to be removed include Kanpur, Lucknow, Prayagraj zones.