The Rajasthan government has made a plan to change the picture of the villages of the state. In view of its importance, villages will be linked with tourism under the ‘Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme’. On the lines of cities, now guest houses, agricultural tourism units, camping sites, and caravan parks will be built in remote areas also.
Employment will increase in villages, migration will stop
Linking with tourism activities will directly increase employment in the villages. The income of the people of the village will increase. The identity of the dhanis and villages will reach the country and the world. The food, song and music, folk art, dress, speech, local handicraft, hospitality will not be limited only there but will become a worldwide identity. The revenue from tourism to the government will increase.
4 units will be made in Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme
Guesthouses ranging from 6 to 20 rooms will be built in rural areas. It will provide accommodation and food facilities for the tourists. In these guest houses, its owner or manager will be required to live with his family. So that tourists can get a safe environment and experience of living with family.
Tourists will be taken around the fields in the village. They will be taught the methods of farming. What kind of crop is there, how it is grown, all the important aspects on such points will be shared. It can be built in an area of at least 2 hectares on agricultural, commercial, and industrial land. Permission will be given to building on 20 percent of the land. The remaining 80 percent of the land can be used according to the environment of the village like a camel-horse farm, cowshed, crop growing.
Camping sites can also be used for agricultural, commercial, and industrial land. It is necessary to have at least 1 hectare of land. Permission will be given to building on 10 percent of the total land. The remaining 80 percent of the land can be used for camel farm, horse farm, crop, livestock keeping, garden, village environment, etc.
Caravan Park will also be set up to park the mobile vans of the tourists. These parks can be made on agricultural land, commercial and industrial land of at least 1-hectare area. Here construction will be allowed to provide cooking, eating and other facilities for tourists. The presence of tourists in the van will be necessary while parking the caravan vehicle. In Rajasthan, such an atmosphere can be created between camel farm, horse farm, song-music, folk dance by building farmhouses in sandy districts or other districts.
Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya is monitoring
The state government is working to increase tourism in rural areas. Recently, there was a discussion about rural tourism between Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Minister Govind Singh Dotasara. After this, on the theme of Swadesh Darshan of the Central Government, the government gave instructions to promote tourism activities in villages and dhanis in Rajasthan. Rajasthan’s Tourism Policy-2020 also focuses on promoting rural tourism. Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya is monitoring it.
Advisory will be issued in the scheme
Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya has directed that by promoting tourism in rural areas, there should not be any negative impact on the culture and culture of the villages. For this, a clear advisory will be issued in the scheme. All the rules of the Forest and Environment Department will also be strictly followed on tourist buildings in eco areas.
Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme will increase investment and employment in villages
Gayatri Rathod, Principal Secretary of, Tourism Department, said that the real objective of the ‘Rajasthan Rural Tourism Promotion Scheme’ is to develop investment and employment in villages. To save and promote the handicraft items and local products here and spread them. The government wants that with the development of rural tourism, people will be able to recognize the culture of the local community.