Virat Kohli has announced to step down as the captain of the T20 format. For a long time, there was talk of his removal from the post of captaincy, but initially, the BCCI kept denying it. But now Kohli himself has announced that he will leave the captaincy of this format after the T20 World Cup. After leaving the captaincy of Virat, opener Rohit Sharma can be made the new T20 captain of Team India.
That’s why Rohit will prove to be a successful captain
There is no doubt that now Rohit Sharma is going to get the captaincy of the T20 format. Be that as it may, Hitman has not lost a single T20 tournament to date as a captain. He has captained in a total of 8 T20 tournaments including IPL and has been successful in winning the trophy every time.
- Rohit prefers to bowl to the spinners in the power-play whereas Kohli mostly starts with the fast bowlers. Also, Rohit places more trust in spin bowlers than Kohli.
- Rohit Sharma does not change the batting order much and is known to back the players consistently. At the same time, there have been changes in the batting order under the leadership of Virat. It is often seen that if Kohli loses a match, then in the next he goes on the field with the changed team.
- Rohit is not known for giving much depth to the batting in the playing XI. Whereas, Kohli has always wanted to give depth to the batting in the playing XI.
- Virat becomes very aggressive in pressure situations and sometimes he loses his cool on the field. At the same time, Hitman remains cool in such situations.
- The pressure of captaincy is yet to be seen on Rohit’s batting. At the same time, Kohli has not scored a century in any format in the last two years.
- Rohit’s experience of winning trophies can be useful for the Indian team. At the same time, Virat has not won any major tournament under his captaincy.
Hitman’s bat catches fire as captain
Rohit Sharma got the captaincy of IPL in 2013, but the effect of captaincy is not visible on his batting. Rohit has scored consistently in every single season. As a captain in IPL, Rohit has scored 3251 runs in 123 matches and during this time 26 half-centuries have also been seen with his bat. For Team India too, he has scored 712 runs while captaining in 19 T20 matches, and during this time Hitman has also scored five half-centuries and two centuries.
T20 world cup next year
In 2022, the T20 World Cup will be played on the grounds of Australia in October-November. Before this big tournament, Rohit will also get the full opportunity to prepare his team. Keeping in mind the big grounds of Australia, Rohit Sharma can prepare a good team. Also, his experience of winning big tournaments so far will prove beneficial for the team.
Like and Follow us on: