Paneer is something that is eaten and made with great joy in India. If you want to make restaurant-style matar Paneer at home, then know this simple method.
Total Time: 45 min
1 teaspoon oil
2 small cardamom
1 large cardamom
1 inch Ginger chopped
1 cup chopped medium size onion
One and a half cup tomato puree
Salt to taste
1 bay leaf
1 spoon Red Chilli Powder
One fourth teaspoon turmeric powder
Half a teaspoon garam masala
Half a teaspoon coriander powder
Half or 1 cup green peas
250 grams chopped Paneer
1 teaspoon musk fenugreek
3-4 tablespoons cream
Preparation for making Matar Paneer:
1. First of all, put the paneer in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. This will make your paneer soft. If the cheese is already soft, do not use hot water.
2. First, pour some oil in a pan. After this add small cardamom, garlic and ginger and fry it.
3. Now add onion. After golden fry, add tomatoes, turmeric and salt and fry it.
4. Now cover it a little bit. So that tomatoes cook easily.
5. Now add cashews to it and let it cool.
6. After it cools down, put it in a blender and make puree.
How to make Matar Paneer:
1. First of all put oil in the pan and heat it. When hot, add 1 big cardamom and bay leaf and fry for a minute. Now add tomato and onion mixture to it.
2. Now add red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder, mix and fry well. Until oil starts coming out of the spices.
3. Now add green peas. Then add 1 or more cups of water and mix it well.
4. Now let it cook on medium heat. Until the gravy thickens. Now add Paneer and cover it for 2 minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, add green coriander and cream and turn off the gas.
6. Your Matar paneer is ready. You can eat it with roti, paratha or rice.