The entire focus of Reliance’s 42nd AGM event was on Jio fiber service. This included broadband service, set top boxes and landline connections. But in the meantime, a new service that did not get much attention is Jio Postpaid Plus Service. Most of Jio’s focus is on prepaid services but now Reliance is focusing on postpaid services through this new service. At present, more information about Jio Postpaid Plus service has not been given by the company, but specific information has been shared.
During the Reliance AGM event, Mukesh Ambani said that Jio Postpaid Plus is for JioFiber users who want a platinum grade service and product experience. That is, customers who use Jiofiber service will be eligible for Jio Postpaid Plus service.
Jio Postpaid Plus is actually a premium service. It has been launched for those Jio customers who want a personalized experience. Here the word ‘plus’ is used for value-added benefits.
Under Postpaid Plus service, the representatives of Jio will come to your home and will port your existing service to Jio’s postpaid service. Sim-setup service will be done at the customer’s home.
– Connectivity across devices will be available through Jio Postpaid Plus service.
– Most operators offer family sharing postpaid plans and now the name of Jio has also been added to the list. That is, customers will also be able to share data with other members of the family.
– It has been informed by Jio that subscribers will be able to take advantage of international roaming in reduced price.
– Plus service customers will get the benefit of taking a new phone.
– It has been informed by Jio that all bills will come together under Postpaid Plus. That is, mobile bills, TV bills and broadband bills can come as a package.
Jio has said that this service will be made available from 5 September. All the tariffs from Jio will be made available on Jio’s website and MyJio app.