55% of the children taking online classes are suffering from various health-related problems. Due to the prolonged online classes in the pandemic, students of classes 4 to 12 are troubled by stress, eye problems, and insomnia. This has come to the fore in a survey conducted by the Spring Dale College Chain of Schools in Lucknow.
4454 people were included in the survey. In these, 3300 students from different schools, 1 thousand parents, and 154 teachers were asked about the advantages and disadvantages of online classes.
Five big things about the survey
- In the survey, 54 to 58 percent of the students said that they are suffering from problems related to eyes, backache, headache, fatigue, and obesity.
- 50 percent said they are troubled by stress. At the same time, 22.7 percent say that the problem of insomnia is not giving up.
- 65 percent say that they are facing technical and network problems while doing online classes from mobile.
- According to 45-47 percent of students, they find it difficult to interact with teachers and classmates. Not everyone can see at the same time.
- Not only this students also say that they have a lack of confidence and are not getting motivation.
There are many advantages in the midst of disadvantages
The survey says that due to online classes, both students and teachers have become comfortable using technology. 60 percent of the students say that now they are able to take extra time along with studies. He is using this time for gardening, art, and craft. Apart from this, his bonding with family members is also getting good.
Wash eyes with water 4-5 times a day
Dr. Vinita Ramnani, Eye Specialist and Glaucoma Expert at Bansal Hospital, says, children use mobile phones more. This has a direct effect on their eyes. These days children are spending more time with mobile due to online classes. So it is important to keep some things in mind-
- If you are having problems like eye strain, itching, tiredness, redness, watering, blurred vision, then be alert. These are the symptoms of digital eye strain. These symptoms appear when the gadget is used excessively.
- Due to the continuous falling of blue light from digital gadgets on the eyes, first, they get dryness, and then there is stress on the muscles. In such a situation, ask children to blink while using their gadgets.
- Due to the small screen of the mobile, there is more stress on the eyes. The blue light emitted from it leaves a bad effect because it is closest to the eyes.
- Apart from classes, ask children to keep a distance between the gadget and the eyes to avoid dryness in the eyes. Apart from this, ask to wash the eyes with plain water 4 to 5 times a day.
- Most of the children play video games on mobiles or other gadgets by turning off the lights at night due to the fear of parents. This is the most dangerous situation because due to the darkness in the room, the blue light of the gadget directly affects the eyes. Parents keep these things in mind
Keep these things in mind to avoid backache, headache, and fatigue
Experts say that body posture should not be allowed to deteriorate during online classes. Due to this fatigue and back pain starts. To avoid this, choose such a chair so that the back remains in a straight line. Do not tilt your head or back over the gadgets. Gadgets should neither be too high above the eyes nor too low.
To avoid headaches and fatigue, you can walk in the room or balcony when class breaks. With this, eye fatigue will be removed and headaches will be avoided. Drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day, you will find yourself energized. Parents should include yoga in their children’s routine for better body posture.
Read More: Maharashtra CM visits flood-affected Chiplun
Like and Follow us on :