This is a very light soup that you can make at home. Carrot Ginger Soup is healthy and full of nutrients recipe with added vegetable stock, carrot and ginger.
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
6-8 large carrots
1/4 cup olive oil
A pinch of salt
6 cups vegetable stock
1/2 large onion, sliced
2 large garlic buds, cut into pieces
How to make Carrot Ginger Soup:
1. Peel the carrot and cut it into half-inch round. On a rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle salt with two tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
2. Place the oven rack on a heat source from 6 to 8 inches. Boil the carrots until they become brown and soft. Flip them after 5 minutes with the help of a spatula. It will take 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour the vegetable stock in a bowl, add ginger and thyme and boil on low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Put onions in a pot with the remaining olive oil. Fry the onion on medium heat, stirring it continuously. Add garlic and carrots to it.
5. Separate the ginger and thyme from the stock and pour the stock into a pot containing onion and ginger stock. Let it boil on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the carrots become puree.
6. Blend this mixture with a blender until it becomes smooth. If the soup looks thick, reheat it by adding stock or water. Add salt and pepper to it as per your taste.
7. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.