Chinese wrestlers will not participate in the Asian Wrestling Championships starting on Tuesday as the Indian government has not issued visas to them due to the outbreak of Coronavirus infection in their country. A top official of the National Federation gave this information on Monday.
Vinod Tomar, assistant secretary of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI), said that the government has refused visas to the 40-member Chinese contingent. “We have come to know that the government has not issued visas to the Chinese contingent and hence they are not participating in the championship,” Tomar said. The world is struggling with the outbreak of Coronavirus and hence the health of the players is the main concern now. It is understandable why the government did not issue them a visa.
The Indian government had also canceled e-visas for Chinese citizens due to the outbreak of this infection. So far, more than 1500 people in China have lost their lives due to this infection.