US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has expressed displeasure over the attack on the Iraqi airbase. The US Army is stationed at this airbase. Even after this attack, US President Donald Trump has shown softness on Iran. He said that if Iran is ready for talks, then I cannot be irresponsible. It is up to them.
Donald Trump said, "The National Security Advisor today suggested that sanctions and protests have brought Iran to its knees, now it will be forced to negotiate. In fact, if they talk, I am not irresponsible. It will be completely up to them, but no nuclear weapons and they will not kill their protesters.
On the attack on Iraqi airbase, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, "I am angry at the report of another rocket attack on Iraqi airbase. I pray for the early recovery of the injured. I urge the Iraqi government to apprehend those responsible for this attack; groups not loyal to the Iraqi government have once violated Iraq's sovereignty.'
Suddenly, 7 rockets were fired at Iraq's Al-Balad airbase late at around 12 o'clock. According to sources, at least four people have been injured in the attack on American bases. Two Iraqi officers and two airmen are injured in this attack, although the damage is still being reviewed. Iraq's Al-Balad airbase is a base for F-16 fighters.
Iran is seeking Revenge from America
Since the end of Iranian General Kashim Suleimani, Iran has been constantly seeking revenge from America. Earlier on January 4, the US embassy was attacked. Thereafter, on 6 January, Iran fired rockets at the US base. On 8 January, dozens of ballistic missiles were fired at two military bases in Al-Assad and Irbil and today the airbase was again attacked.
Also Read :